Senior Data Engineer
Job no: OCREQ0017237
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Data & Analytics, Database Development & Administration
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The role is a permanent role with Kinetic IT sitting within our Data Engineering & Analytics team. As the Data Engineer, you will join a team of consultants, with your first deployment being to an enterprise level customer feeding new data sources into their Azure Data Lake. Responsibilities will include requirement gathering, technical delivery, some element of people management and developing long lasting relationships with the customer. Future deployments will be across different industries and engagement types. In our team you will enjoy the benefits of a permanent role with the variety of experience of a contractor.
THE ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
- Ability to manage tasks and priorities in an Agile approach.
- Able to manage customer expectations and provide reasonable estimates for how long something will take to complete.
- Able to describe the environment through breaking down the technical terms for functional stakeholders to understand.
- End-to-end project delivery.
KEEN TO GET INVOLVED?
Our immediate need is for the skills below, but each engagement is a little different so if you are in the ballpark and willing to learn, please do not hesitate to apply and let us what you can bring to the team.
- Experience with Azure ETL services (Data Factory, Synapse, Key Vault, Blob storage, Azure DevOps)
- Ability to manage the ETL environment, troubleshoot failed pipelines, Integrate new pipeline from various data sources.
- Databricks: Candidate needs to possess strong Python skills, understanding of notebooks and clusters and how to appropriately size the clusters and an understanding of Spark and structured streaming.
- Strong SQL and Oracle skills, CDC enabled table loads vs bulk loads, an understanding of schemas, views, tables.
- Experience in the SQL language itself (stored procedures, views, ability to understand what a query is doing)
- Basic understanding of Event Hub and Azure Functions
- Basic understanding of source control using Git and DevOps
THE KINETIC IT DIFFERENCE:
Kinetic IT recognises the experience and performance of our crew is intricately bound to the achievement of enduring organisational success. We provide opportunities for growth and development and recognising both individual and teamwork contribution to achieving our company’s goals. We seek to promote fair, competitive and equitable reward and recognition practices which fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace. As a Kinetic IT crew member, you will enjoy:
- An organisation that provides continuous growth through supporting your certification aspirations and taking on new roles internally.
- Paid parental leave, flexible working and other benefits tailored to your individual circumstances.
- A friendly and all-inclusive organisational culture.
At Kinetic IT we pride ourselves on being 100% Australian owned, and delivering exceptional service that exceeds our customers' expectations. We are recognised market leaders in the delivery of high-quality IT services in large government and private sector organisations. With 1400 amazing crew across Australia, our strong people-focused culture and dynamic work environment are integral parts of our success.
HOW TO APPLY:
First, check out our website Kineticit.com.au. If you like what you see then, Click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend