Senior Security Consultant
Job no: OCREQ0018603
Employment type: Full Time
Categories: Cyber Security
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Protect+ is currently looking for a Senior Security Consultant with an expert understanding across security Governance, Assurance, Risk and Compliance within a large enterprise environment setting. In this role, you will be a key contributor to our consulting team providing specialist cyber security advice across a range of platforms and technologies to our customers within Australia to ensure their compliance with a range of information security standards, processes, and guidelines. You will help them in the areas of risk management, 2nd line assurance, strategy development as well as provide subject matter consulting (trusted advisor) when needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform 2nd line assurance assessment across multiple ICT services and provide an objective report based on evidence
- As required, identify security “crown jewels” and perform the relevant security assessment of valuable systems
- Have detailed understanding of the Cyber security NIST framework and be considered a cyber security subject matter expert
- Work with customers to design, implement, assess and improve governance, risk and compliance frameworks and programs of work.
- Ability to perform security risk assessments, general security risk advisory, education and awareness, and certification/assurance activities, vulnerability management.
- Understanding of IT security governance models/frameworks such as NIST.
- Proven track record of delivering excellent cyber security outcomes.
- Experience implementing and/or auditing an ISO 27001 ISMS.
- Broad knowledge across a range of compliance frameworks (ISO 27001, PCI DSS, NIST, GDPR, ISO 31000 etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and assured presentation skills – at ease with senior stakeholder engagement.
- Must have strong technical writing skills and business/ commercial skills.
- An individual that has experience with 2nd line assurance – not only in cyber, but across several ICT functions. We would not expect an individual to have experience across all services, but several assessments conducted across several would be handy.
- A knowledge of risk management (not just cyber) would be a must.
- An individual that performed consulting to develop standards and procedures is a must
- An individual that could provide technical steer and input into cyber security control uplift exercises (eg – Assist the implementation of Sentinel between Protect+ and customer).
- The individual should be a subject matter expert with theory as well as practical experience
THE KINETIC IT DIFFERENCE:
- Flexible working, paid parental leave, and other benefits tailored to your individual goals.
- Regular fun company and social events – Sundowner, Family Fun Day, Quiz Night and End of Year Party.
- Vendor Exam Support, ITIL V4 Training and a Cyber Security Communities of Practice groups.
- Dedicated professional development reviews every 6 months, with monthly follow ups.
- An open and supportive culture where we respect all people and individuals, and everyone has a voice.
PROTECT+ is Kinetic IT’s innovative cyber security solution that combines leading in-house cyber security expertise, advanced technologies, and contemporary processes with our customers’ internal cyber capabilities. PROTECT+ plays a central role in defending some of Australia’s most important organisations and the critical services they provide to our local communities.
We defend global threats within a local context, delivering industry-leading services including Threat Intelligence, Threat Response, Security Assurance and Security Awareness.
PROTECT+ offers a range of roles across all major security domains, including Security Analysts, Penetration Testers, Security Consultants, Project Managers and Architects. We’re always open to exploring and identifying career pathways with the incredible individuals who make up Australia’s cyber security industry.
Check us out at kineticit.com.au and PROTECTemail@example.com
HOW TO APPLY:
First, check out our website Kineticit.com.au. If you like what you see then, Click the ‘Apply Now’ button. You can also send your CV direct to on firstname.lastname@example.org and quote: OCREQ0018603
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend